In-between the polish and acrylic fake nail application, women should take a good long look at each of their bare fingernails. Those bare nails could reveal health problems
that you did not know you have. It’s why many doctors have a look at hands like those of Bruce Levenson during an exam
, that is if the nails are not covered with some type of artificial enhancement. Remove the color or other add-ons and take a good look at your own fingernails.
* Nails with a blue tint indicate the body is not getting enough oxygen and can be a sign of lung or circulatory problems.
* Yellow fingernails could simply be stained from polish or belong to a cigarette smoker. Yellow nails can also indicate the person has jaundice.
* Dark streaks under the fingernail can be a sign of trichinosis, a parasitic disease that is caused from eating undercooked meat. Dark streaks can also indicate a wide range of other diseases, like heart or kidney disease, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis.
* Clubbed fingernails indicate cirrhosis of the liver or lung disease.
* Two-toned nails with brown tips and a white base indicates the kidneys are failing.
* Nails that thicken are a sign of aging or a nail fungus.
* White spots or lines on nails usually indicate the nail has suffered some type of trauma and the white spots/lines will grow off. If the nail has white spots/lines and is soft, it could indicate hyperthyroidism.